I am behind in posting recipes. This one was on last week’s menu. I have a backlog of recipes that I think are worthy of sharing with you. This one was a little unusual, in my limited sphere, and I am so happy that I made it an acquaintance or better, a good friend. I can see making this, in the future, several times.
I made a mistake and put in too much liquid. I would cut it to 4 ounces of the coconut milk and 4 ounces of the tomatoes. More liquid did not hurt the finished product but I think it is unnecessary.
Curried Coconut Chicken adapted from All Recipes Yield —- 2- 3 servings
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 7-10 ounces of coconut milk
- 10 ounces diced tomatoes
- 2/3 cup Marinara sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil and curry powder in a large skillet over medium-high heat for two minutes. Stir in onions and cook 1 minute more. Add chicken, tossing lightly to coat with curry oil. Reduce heat to medium, and cook for 7 to 10 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in center and juices run clear.
- Pour coconut milk, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and sugar into the pan, and stir to combine. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, approximately 35 minutes.