I, no longer like pasta salads, very much but when they look like this, I humble myself by enjoying it, a lot.
Noodle Salad with Peanut Lime Vinaigrette (adapted from Food.com)
- 1/2 pound cooked al dente and cooled thin pasta
- 2-4 scallions, chopped
- 1/3 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- roasted peanuts, chopped,save all for garnish
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed, with additional for garnish (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon dried garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- To make dressing: In a food processor, process everything.
Scrape into a bowl and wait for half an hour for the flavors to develop.
- To make salad: Toss all together, dress with just enough dressing to moisten and flavor, and garnish with scallions, red bell pepper and peanuts.
- Serve at room temperature.