I usually start making one rice dish and end up with fried rice. My intentions are honorable. For example, this was to be a Pecan Rice Rissoto with Apples. Sounds good, even better than fried rice….? I think, it does. I usually add some cranberries and have that winning combination of apples, cranberries and nuts.
As you can see, this has none of the above other than nuts and even the nuts are a different kind. This does have peas, onions, cashews and carrots and most important egg. This also is filled with flavor from the soy sauce. I tasted it before dinner and then had a bowl filled with goodness. I could not wait for dinner time.
Vegetable Fried Rice
- 4 cups brown rice, cooked
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 medium onions, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup cashews
- soy sauce, to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet, and sauté onion until translucent. Add cashews, carrots and peas. When carrots are almost tender, add cooked rice and seasonings.
- Pour into serving dish and serve.
- Apple Brown Rice (bookcasefoodie.wordpress.com)
- Fried “Basque” Vegetable Rice (bookcasefoodie.wordpress.com)