I couldn’t resist adding the apricots to this dish.
Chicken with Apple Cider Sauce adapted from Food Network
- Yield: 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound)
- black pepper
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup apple cider
- 1/2 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- 8 dried apricots, reconstituted and cut into halves or quarters
Preheat a medium to large skillet over medium-high heat, for about 1 minute or until the surface of the pan is hot.
Add the oil and heat until rippling on the surface.
Pat the chicken breast dry and season with pepper.
Place the chicken in the pan and cook until the meat is golden, about 4 minutes.
Turn the chicken breasts, lower the heat to medium .
Cook until firm to the touch and transfer to a plate.
Add the vinegar to pan and deglaze over medium-high heat, scraping up any browned bits stuck to the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon.
Add the cider and the broth.
Bring to a boil and cook until it thickens to form a sauce, about 6 minutes. Whisk in lemon juice. rosemary and thyme leaves.
Return the chicken to the pan, adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper, and serve.
- Tandoori Chicken Burgers (bookcasefoodie.wordpress.com)
- Rania’s Recipes: Skillet Braised Chicken & Fried Polenta (pittsburgh.cbslocal.com)
- Mandarin Chicken With Almond Rice (theepochtimes.com)