- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 1/2 cups previously cooked rice with vegetables (I purchase this combo, ready to cook, in the store)
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce or to taste,
- 1 /4 teaspoon cayenne pepper sauce
- 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- Salt to taste, optional
- 2 eggs, beaten
Place 2 cups of rice and vegetables in 2 1/2 cups of soup or water. Cook, according to package directions.
While the rice is cooking, heat oil in skillet on medium-high heat. Add onion and green onion, stir-fry for about 2 minutes, until softened. Add red pepper and cook an additional minute. Add vegetables to rice.
In the skillet, pour droplets of beaten egg which should firm up quickly. After a minutes, move egg bits around and remove. Add the egg to the rice .
This is linked to $5 Dinners