Substitute, of course…… Now, what to substitute? What is like zucchini? Nothing came to mind. I thought onions and I knew, I would love it but I would probably be the only one. I jumped to tomatoes and I do want to try it but it was too far from zucchini. Then, I noted the fresh cauliflower just sitting there, crowding the shelf and I knew, this was it. My Zucchini Bake became an Italian Cauliflower Bake and I even used pizza cheese to keep to the theme.
The recipe came from Jam’s Corner, a brand new blog to me and one, I want to visit often. There is something about the spirit of the blog that speaks to me. I bet, you would like it too.
Italian Cauliflower Bake
2 cups chopped cauliflower
- Saute garlic, onion and cauliflower in olive oil until tender
- Meanwhile, chop the basil and parsley.
- When the cauliflower mixture is done, remove from the heat.
- Whisk the egg, basil, parsley, tarragon, Parmesan cheese and salt together in a large mixing bowl. After mixing well, add the cauliflower mixture, cream cheese and the Pizza Jack cheese. Mix well.
- Add the mixture to a greased 1 quart baking dish and bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let it cool slightly. Cut into wedges and enjoy.