I asked my husband to bring home blueberries from Costco, days ago. As each day went by, I thought of all those blueberries and what I was going to do with them but nothing happened. I am rational and did not want to lose these beauties so I decided to make a Crumble. Crumbles are basically the same and this one is no different. They are usually good and this one is no different.
I found the recipe on delish.com and made a few changes but basically this is it.
- 2 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries , or other fruit
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free flour mix
- 1 tablespoon(s) orange juice
- 1 cup Crumble (below)
- Preheat oven to 400 deg F.
- Toss berries with sugar, flour and juice.
- Place in a casserole or pie plate and cover with the delicious crumble.
Ingredients for Crumble
1 1/2 cup(s) old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup(s) brown rice flour (your choice)
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Combine oats, nuts, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon in a medium bowl and stir until well blended. Drizzle oil over the dry ingredients and stir until evenly moistened. Place on top of berry mixture.