I am a huge Ellie Krieger fan. Her recipes produce healthy meals, often easy to make, and almost always delicious. My husband is a meat loaf fan and when he asked for one, I turned to Ellie and ended up with a meat loaf, my husband really liked. I add some instant mashed potatoes for the filler but I stayed close to Ellie’s choices. She is usually on target and she is one of the few chefs, I can follow with limited changes.
Turkey Meatloaf – adapted from Ellie Krieger
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup instant mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 medium onion, chopped (first cut some slices for the top of loaf)
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 cup ketchup
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 /2 cup tomato sauce or enough to cover turkey loaf.